Thank you from Scott Blades of TIHAN:
Thank you so very much for the abundance of gifts you contributed from the congregation in support of families living with HIV. We had more gifts than last year, in part because of the increased support from Or Chadash!
With support from Or Chadash and other faith communities and individuals, we gather our resources and put on this holiday event for families with HIV, showing them they have a loving and supportive community. Through tzedakah, gemilut hasadim, andtikkun olam, you are demonstrating the gift of advocacy, generosity, and justice, not only during the holiday season, but all year long.
Help Casa Alitas asylum seekers for the holidays: These are people who are delivered by ICE to their shelter. They stay for a few days to prepare for the journey to where they have a sponsor and to await their hearing. There is a continuous stream of migrants through their facilities.
Needed: money (to Catholic Community Services, 104 W. Speedway, Suite 230, Tucson, 85705, attn: Casa Alitas), cots, international cell phones, closed-toe shoes for small women, and shoes and socks all sizes, warm jackets (not large), warm hats (beanies), mittens & scarves, travel blankets, also toys that can be taken on the bus, like small stuffed animals!
There will be a box in the office and near the Community Room on Friday night through Dec. 28.
Wright Elementary School has about 500 students with 88% low income and a significant refugee population.
* Tutors are needed in the classroom to help with math and reading. This is best if done for a morning or afternoon once or more a week. We have 4 volunteers, but can accept more.
* If you can only do a one-time visit, you can help the principal with her special tutoring at noon.
* Contact Marc Sbar (below) to help out.
Primavera Men’s Shelter
* You can join us on the second Saturday of the month to make and deliver lunches to the men who go to work.
* Contact Andi Elkins (email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]) to join the team.
If you are not a “meeting person,” you can still join any of our activities. For
more information and to share your ideas, contact Marc Sbar, Chair