Educational programming at our Congregation offers opportunities for congregants to engage in a journey of learning and spiritual growth. Members of all ages are challenged to think, question and contribute creatively to our common journey. Programs include Hebrew, Lunch & Learn with Rabbi Louchheim, Introduction to Judaism, Book Club, Torah Study, and much more.
Sundays twice monthly, 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
See below for complete class schedule.
Taught by Rabbi Thomas Louchheim & Cantor Janece Cohen
- What does it mean to be a Jew?
- What are Jewish values?
- How does Judaism differ from Christianity and Islam?
- What are the differences between Reform, Orthodox, and Conservative Judaism?
- What do Jews believe about God?
- How are American Jews connected to Israel?
- From cradle to grave, what are the ways Jews observe the life cycle?
Explore the answers to these questions and more.
Saturdays beginning October 6; 9:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
Taught by Sarah Bollt
Have you always wanted to learn to chant Torah? Reading Hebrew is the only requirement to enjoy this class.
Every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
Torah is at the heart of who and what we are. Our discussions are lively and thought-provoking as we delve into how Torah wisdom impacts us and our world today. The group is lay led, and knowledge of Hebrew is not required. Rabbi Louchheim joins as often as he can. No registration required.