And the winner is…
Thanks to the creative energy and widespread participation of our members, we are pleased to announce the name of the proposed new synagogue:
“All of My People”
Building on the Legacies of Temple Emanu-El (1910) and Congregation Or Chadash (1995).
A few facts and figures illustrate the hard work that made this possible:
- 10 members of the joint Vision and Naming Task Force, + Rabbi Louchheim and Rabbi Saulson
- 139 possible names submitted by congregants
- 6 name finalists
- 1 poll per congregation to rank the 6 names
- 361 poll responses (~50% of eligible participants)
- 1 clear winner
- 2 votes of endorsement (1 by each Board of Directors)
We express our gratitude to the many participants in this process. Thank you to the Vision and Naming Task Force for role modeling teamwork. And special thanks to Emily Joseph for taking the lead to use electionrunner.com
and to conduct data analysis.
We believe that Kol Ami* is a meaningful name for a new beginning together; and this is the name that you will see in our Plan of Consolidation.
Elaine Jones, President of Congregation Or Chadash
Scott Arden, President of Temple Emanu-El
*The new congregation may opt to do business as Kol Ami Synagogue