The following message from JCC President & CEO Todd Rockoff was sent out to members of the JCC and Or Chadash this afternoon:
To Our Valued Members,
Today we were made aware that a member of our extended community has tested positive for COVID-19. The case involved the guardian of a participant in our Taglit day program. To our knowledge, there have not been any confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the program itself. The family and the households of participants in the affected classroom have been asked to self-isolate for 2 weeks. Taglit is currently being held offsite at Congregation Or Chadash and the areas where the program is taking place will be thoroughly deep-cleaned and disinfected over the weekend. Unaffected classrooms will be allowed to return on Tuesday, following our Yom Kippur closure.
According to the CDC, coronavirus symptoms may range from mild to severe depending on the individual. If you or any members of your household are experiencing any symptoms consistent with COVID-19, we kindly request that the entire household stays home until a negative test is obtained and symptoms cease. When you are at the J, please remember that masks are required at all times while indoors and appropriate physical distancing is strongly encouraged in gathering spaces like the cafe and pool deck. Your partnership and care help us to protect the greater community and keep our doors open for you. For a list of COVID-19 symptoms, please refer to the CDC website.
As a reminder, we have put the following protocol in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at the J:
- Limited group sizes to ensure groups are self-contained and prohibited mixing of children from different classrooms
- Taken the temperature of everyone who has entered the facility, and of all drivers/guardians who have been present at ECE, J-Care, and Taglit drop-off
- Reduced our capacity in the Sports and Wellness wing of the building and required advanced booking in the fitness center, pool, and Sarver Tennis courts, and paused operation to fully sanitize between reservations
- Required staff, members, and school-age children to wear masks at all times
- Sanitized high-touch areas and all equipment throughout the day
- Deep-cleaned and disinfected the full facility each evening
- Created one-way “clean” traffic throughout the building
- Trained our staff on hygiene practices and complied fully with CDC and State of Arizona guidelines
- Implemented a strict no-visitor policy in Early Childhood, Childcare, and Taglit spaces
We are aware that nothing is without risk and the possibility of a positive case has been planned for extensively. We want you to know that we are following our protocol closely and that we will continue to keep your health at the forefront of all decisions we make.
Anyone with questions or concerns is encouraged to contact me directly at
President & CEO