The Joint Executive Committee, which includes members of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of both Temple Emanu-El and Congregation Or Chadash, have continued to meet for the purpose of moving our communities toward being a new congregation.
At this week’s meeting, our consultant Rabbi David Wolfman presented communication norms and a conflict resolution process. Our steering committees, formerly the Ambassadors and now the Joint Executive Committee, have developed good relationships and a foundation of trust to work on building a new congregation. The proposed process helps us to determine what level of conflict an issue presents and how to resolve differences in the most appropriate manner. Information from our currently formed sub-committees about the work underway includes the following:
Vision/Naming (Scott Arden)
- team includes members of both congregations, kick-off meeting held.
- team to make use of data from Listen/Shape/Share campaign.
Listen/Shape/Share (Beverly Sandock)
- facilitators and notetakers (a.k.a. scribes) organized and training to be scheduled soon.
- three-minute video distributed to congregations.
- looking for participation from many congregants of both congregations to capture all voices.
Youth Education (Rina Liebeskind and Seth Ruskin)
- developing protocol for returning to school in a virtual and/or on-site setting.
- began communications with families.
- social programs planned for students/families to get to know each other.
Facilities (Steve Tofel)
- former task force members invited to participate in new committee.
- will review pending facility’s issues and establish reasonable priorities.
Innovative Practices (Rabbi Louchheim)
- developing committee for representation of both congregations.
There will be multiple opportunities for you to be involved and to have your voice heard. We want to know your thoughts, ideas, and vision for our new congregation. Please contact your congregation’s president to advise Scott Arden/Elaine Jones of your interest by sending an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, thank you for your commitment and the passion you bring to our congregation!
Mona L Gibson, Temple Emanu-El, IPP.