The Joint Executive Committee, which includes members of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of both Temple Emanu-El and Congregation Or Chadash, have continued to meet for the purpose of moving our communities toward being a new congregation. Information from our currently formed sub-committees about the work underway includes the following:
Finance Committee (Jerry Cohen and Marty Zuckerman)
- proposed draft of combined budget was reviewed.
- budget includes assumptions for COVID-19 impact and based on current policies/procedures.
- narrative and identification of assumptions will be prepared for next meeting.
Project Management (Scott Arden and Emily Joseph)
- Trello will be used as communication tool within and amongst committee
Listen-Shape-Share (Libby Quinn and Beverly Sandock)
- facilitators and notetakers (a.k.a. scribes) being organized and training to be scheduled soon.
- three-minute video from committee members about their thoughts on what our future will look like is nearly completed and will be posted/distributed very soon.
Vision/Naming (Scott Arden)
- team developed and committee kick-off to be held soon.
- much of the information gleaned from the Listen/Shape/Share work will be used to develop the mission and create future of new congregation.
Youth Education (Rina Liebeskind and Seth Ruskin)
- return to school in a virtual or on-site setting depends on COVID-19 status.
- communication to families is being developed and will be distributed shortly.
There will be multiple opportunities for you to be involved and to have your voice heard. We want to know your thoughts, ideas and vision for our new congregation. Please contact your congregation’s president to advise Scott Arden/Elaine Jones of your interest by sending an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, thank you for your commitment and the passion you bring to our congregation!
Mona L Gibson, Temple Emanu-El, IPP.