The Executive Committees of the Board of Directors of both Temple Emanu-El and Congregation Or Chadash have combined to be the Joint Executive Committee for the purpose of moving our communities to be a new congregation. We have created sub-committees for the purpose of working on the specific details necessary to make this change happen in a timely manner. Some of the work underway is the following:
- Preliminary work done on a combined budget with a proposed organizational structure.
- Further review of current and anticipated costs needed.
- Plan a timeline to roll out the listening sessions developed.
- Facilitators and note-takers (a.k.a. scribes) are being organized.
- Groups of congregants for listening campaign created.
- Renovations to Temple Emanu-El to accommodate combined Religious School is top priority.
- Other facilities improvements to be determined by financial impact.
- Planning for Fall 2020 continues with meetings on a nearly weekly basis.
- JEC reports will be sent via each congregation’s regularly scheduled email blast bi-weekly.
- Additional communications, perhaps videos, will be distributed as well.
There will be multiple opportunities for you to be involved and to have your voice heard. We want to know your thoughts, ideas, and vision for our new congregation. Please contact your congregation’s president Elaine Jones, Or Chadash firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, thank you for your commitment and passion you bring to our congregations!
Elaine Jones, Or Chadash President
Mona L. Gibson, Temple Emanu-El