Are you trying to attend a service on Facebook Live and finding it to be a challenge? Here are some quick tips to get you on your way to becoming a Facebook expert!
WHAT DO I NEED?
- Desktop computer, laptop computer, or handheld device with internet capability
- Speakers (built in or external)
- Facebook account (optional – see below if you don’t have an account)
I HAVE WHAT I NEED. NOW WHAT?
- Click here to visit the Or Chadash Facebook page. You should see a big photo of a sunset over Or Chadash, and the Or Chadash logo on the left.
- Scroll down just a little bit, and our LIVE video should appear.
- LIVE videos are available on Fridays from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Please note that the LIVE video will not appear until we begin the service. If you navigate to our page before the service begins, just wait for the video to appear.
- Click on the video. It will expand, and you’ll see the comments section to the right (on a computer) or below (on a handheld device). This is where you can type in comments and interact with other people watching the service.
I DON’T HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
That’s okay! You can still watch any of our videos, live or archived.
- When you visit our Facebook page, a box will pop up prompting you to log in. Just click NOT NOW or the X in the corner if it appears. If there’s still a bar at the bottom of the window, just ignore it.
- Scroll down the page and click on the video, and you’re in!
- Prayer Book: Click here to follow along with the service in our prayer book.
- Mi Shebeirach & Mourner’s Kaddish: If you’re watching the service live, you’ll have the opportunity to mention the names of loved ones in need of healing (Mi Shebeirach) or for whom you are reciting the Mourner’s Kaddish. Since there’s a bit of a delay built in to the broadcast, you’ll have to type these names into the comments section BEFORE we reach that part of the service. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday at 3:00 p.m. if you’d like a name read.
- If you’re saying kaddish for a loved one who has died within the past year, please indicate that in your comment or email so we read the name at the proper time in the service.
- Like and Follow Us: If you LIKE and FOLLOW the Or Chadash Facebook page, you can get a push notification on your mobile device telling you when we go live. This gives you a quick shortcut to watch the service!
- Archived Videos: Did you know you can watch past services? On our Facebook page, just scroll down until you reach the VIDEOS section. Here, you can view all our archived services.