We have several children attending our religious school who have severe allergies to peanuts, tree nuts, and products made with their oils. Consequently, as a staff, we have decided to make our school an ALL NUT PROHIBITED CAMPUS. It is essential that all the Or Chadash families follow the guidelines below to help us provide a safe environment for the children concerned:
- Do not bring in any peanut or tree nut products to school. This includes products that have been in contact with or prepared on equipment shared with peanuts, tree nuts, or products from any of these.
- Keep snacks in their original packages with the ingredient labels.
- Label all key ingredients in food prepared at home.
- When in doubt, just don’t bring it in.
- Check out this resource for additional ideas: https://snacksafely.com/snacklist-20180807.pdf
- Feel free to ask questions. We know it will take time to educate everyone including ourselves.
Thank you for your attention to this important information.