We have several children attending our religious school who have allergies to peanuts and tree nuts and products made with their oils. Consequently, as a staff, we have decided to make our school an ALL NUT PROHIBITED CAMPUS. It is essential that all the Or Chadash families follow the guidelines below to help us provide a safe environment for the children concerned.
- Do not send any peanut or tree nut products to school with your student. This includes products that have been in contact with or prepared on equipment shared with peanuts, tree nuts, or products from any of these.
- Emphasize the importance of these guidelines and discuss how a lot of people have allergies and the possible effects of these allergies.
- We will provide a short list of safe snacks that your students can bring to school. You are also encouraged to check this website for additional sources and recommendations of safe snacks.
- Remind your student to wash face and hands before attending school if they have been eating any of these products before arriving at school.
- Please keep snacks in their original packages with the ingredient labels.
All staff will be discussing this issue with the students in their class; however follow up discussions at home will help reinforce these important guidelines.