The Membership Committee’s mission is to make sure that Congregation Or Chadash remains a warm and welcoming community where all can experience God. Our goals include:
- Understanding the spiritual and communal needs of the broader Tucson Jewish community
- Recruiting new members
- Integrating new members
- Retaining current members
The Membership Committee develops programs to engage and connect our diverse membership of singles, couples, children and seniors. We are particularly sensitive to the needs of others and the interfaith community.
The Membership Committee co-sponsors specific events with other committees, such as:
- The Taste of Or Chadash Mini-Jewish Food Festival in August to introduce prospective members and welcome back current members
- Solo Senior events for socializing and learning
- Welcoming and recognizing new members at a Wine & Cheese Shabbat and a New Member Dinner;
- Organize various Friend Raising activities throughout the year;
- Participates in JCC Israel Festival
Committee members are asked to serve as Greeters for Shabbat services from time to time, so they can interact with members and prospective members.
We also respond promptly to all inquiries from prospective members who want to learn more about our congregation.
All members of the congregation are welcome on the committee or to volunteer at a specific event. Monthly meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month from 7:00-8:30 p.m.